Caramelized Onion & Tofu Ricotta Stuffed Mushies
yield: 4-6 servings
- 4-6 portabello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp rosemary, chopped
- 4 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- ½ brick organic extra firm tofu
- 1 package Culcherd It’s Not Cheese Original
- Hymalayan pink salt, to taste
For the Ricotta
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium sized bowl, crumble tofu and mix with Original cheese. Season with salt.
- Stir in chives, parsley, rosemary and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat EVOO over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened/caramelized, about 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooled, mix into tofu ricotta mixture.
- Remove stems from portabello mushrooms and wipe clean.
- Stuff mushies with a generous amount of ricotta mixture and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.