Cinnamon Swirl Cookies
yield: 12-16 cookies
- 2 ¼ cups GF flour blend (we like Bob’s Red Mill)
- ½ cup monk fruit or coconut palm sugar
- 3 sticks Culcherd It’s Not Butter Original, cold
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 sticks Culcherd It’s Not Butter Cinnamon Swirl, room temperature
- 4 tbsp monk fruit or coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 package Culcherd It’s Not Cheese Original, room temperature
- ½ cup Swerve sugar-free powdered sweetener or powdered sugar
- 2-4 tbsp water or non-dairy milk of choice
For the Dough
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, monk fruit, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix with your hands until the dough comes together. Set aside.
For the Filling
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon swirl butter, monk fruit and cinnamon until combined. Set aside. For the Glaze
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together original cheese and Swerve powdered sweetener until combined.
- Add water or non-dairy milk until mixture loosens up. You should be able to drizzle it with a spoon. Set aside.
- Roll the dough out on a piece of parchment paper to a rectangle about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the cinnamon mixture over the dough going right to the edges.
- Roll the dough up tightly using the parchment (as you would roll up a sushi roll). Use a dab of water to seal the edge of the roll.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the roll into ¼ inch slices. Gently press them back into a circular shape and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. They will firm up as they cool.
- Once completely cooled, drizzle cookies with glaze. This works best when they are chilled.