yield: 1 x 8” galette
- 1 1/4 cup GF flour blend (we like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 sticks - Culcherd - It’s Not Butter - Orginal, cold and sliced
- 6 tbsp water, cold
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 package Culcherd - It’s Not Cheese - Herb & Garlic
- 1/4 cup of your favourite pesto
- 4 tbsp Culcherd It’s Not Butter, divided
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
For the Pastry
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir water and lemon together and add to dry ingredients. Mix until the dough just comes together.
- Shape into a disk, wrap with parchment paper and chill for an at least hour.
For the Filling
- Melt 2 tbsp butter and EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and thyme springs. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add artichokes, asparagus and fresh peas. Cook for about 3 minutes, until asparagus is bright green.
- Remove from heat and pluck out thyme springs leaving behind the leaves
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll pastry into a 12 inch round, and arrange on baking sheet.
- Spread pesto over pastry leaving a 2 1/2 inch border on all sides. Crumble half of the Culcherd Herb & Garlic over pesto and top with vegetable mixture. Crumble remaining cheese over vegetables.
- Brush border of pastry with melted butter and fold edges of dough up over filling, pleating as you go. Brush top of dough with remaining melted butter. • Bake galette for 30 minutes or until the pastry and filling have started to brown.
- Garnish with thyme springs.
- Make ahead up to 2 days, chilled. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.